Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Dodge caravan

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:56 PM
Crazycaravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Dodge caravan

Hello. I have a 3.3L Non flex fuel engine. It was coding 0401 so the egr valve was replaced and throtle body was cleaned, new plugs 5 months ago and new muffler. I still dont have any other codes but this one and the engine still has the same problem.

1. Rough Idle and hesitation on accelerating.
2. Black carbon coming out of the exhaust.
3. When AC is turned on Engine idle drops and gets more rough.

Any ideas or thoughts would help thank you!

Last edited by Crazycaravan; 08-09-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:14 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
You may have an open wire going to the EGR curuit.Was EGR that you replace a mopar part. Send me you email address and i will send you the pdf file to test for your code.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Crazycaravan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

I decided today to inspect some Evap hoses after reading some of the forums. After looking at the front of the engine they all looked fine no cracks or drying out. So I decided to take a look under the air filter box and wamo a 2 inch hose has a big enough crack in it so I replaced the hose. I wonder why I never got a p0455 code for major leak...hmmmmm.
Anyhow with that hose cracked the one thats under the airbox that leads to the rear of the van would it have damaged any other Evap part cause on the test drive it did a couple back fires at the first stop sign? I guess I have to wait to see if the engine light comes back on in a few days.

Quick Reply: 2001 Dodge caravan