Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

NEED HELP ASAP!!! with my 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan (no spark to fuel injector 1 or 2)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 06:55 PM
jch1076
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NEED HELP ASAP!!! with my 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan (no spark to fuel injector 1 or 2)

Hi,
I have a big dilemna. I own a 2002 dodge grand caravan with a V6 3.3 engine. For literally months now I have been working on my car and have not been able to fix it. The main problem is that 2 fuel injectors (1 & 2) are not getting any spark or power. One day i was driving home and after I made stop at a stop sign the van started to stutter like it wanted to shut off. The next day I replaced the fuel pump thinking it was that. But it wasn't so I changed the spark plugs and wasn't that. Then I changed the silinoid and that didn't solve anything. Then I decided to drive it to a shop when on the way there it shut down on me. I opened the hood and a little bit of smoke started coming out of the engine computer. It short circuited and the car wouldn't turn on at all anymore. I replaced the computer with a used one but made sure all the numbers on it were the same as the original one. the fan turned on but still stutters. Then i noticed the fuel injector wire harness had beend burned because some of the wires sort of melted together. Which I figured had maybe caused the engine computer to short circuit or burn out. I took those off and replaced those with some used ones too. Then i tested each connector and only the ones going to fuel injector 1 & 2 were not showing power or spark. Oh and by that time i had also changed the camshaft sensor, crankshaft sensor, and the silinoid with new ones and that didn't fix my problem. I don't know what else to do, I have talked to mechanics and they have told me that i did what they would have done in changing out all those things. Does anybody have any other ideas on how to fix this?? i would greatly appreciate any help because honestly I need to fix this van because i cannot afford a new one. PLEASE ANYONE HELP!!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 10:26 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

P0206-INJECTOR #6 CONTROL CIRCUIT 2.4L/3.3L & 3.8L
When Monitored: With battery voltage greater than 10 volts. Auto Shutdown Relay
energized. Engine speed less than 3000 rpm.
Set Condition: No inductive spike is detected after injector turn off.
POSSIBLE CAUSES
ASD RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT OPEN
INTERMITTENT CONDITION
FUEL INJECTOR
FUEL INJECTOR DRIVER CIRCUIT OPEN
FUEL INJECTOR DRIVER CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
PCM
TEST ACTION APPLICABILITY
1 NOTE: Record the Freeze Frame Information that set along with the DTC.
Turn the ignition on.
With the DRBIIIt, read DTC’s.
Is the Good Trip displayed and equal to zero?
All
Yes ! Go To 2
No ! Go To 7
2 Turn the ignition off.
Disconnect the Fuel Injector harness connector.
Measure the resistance of the Fuel Injector, component side.
Is the resistance between 10 and 16 ohms?
All
Yes ! Go To 3
No ! Replace the Fuel Injector.
Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 5.
3 Turn the ignition off.
Disconnect the Fuel Injector harness connector.
Remove the ASD Relay from the PDC.
Turn the ignition on.
Jumper the Fused B+ circuit and the ASD Relay Output circuit in the PDC.
Using a 12-volt test light connected to 12-volts, probe the ASD Relay Output circuit.
Does the test light illuminate brightly?
All
Yes ! Go To 4
No ! Repair the ASD Relay Output circuit for an open.
Perform POWERTRAIN VERIFICATION TEST VER - 5.
DRIVEABILITY - GAS
P0201-INJECTOR #1 CONTROL CIRCUIT 2.4L/3.3L & 3.8L — Continued

This is the same for all injectors. I have the pdf file.If you want it i'll send it to you.I just need your email address to send it to.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:10 PM
jch1076

yes, can you please send me the PDF file my email is kyj1098@yahoo.com. Thanks for your quick reply!

Old 08-24-2011, 12:52 PM
kaycpeter
Question Dodge Caravan 2002

I have the same problem as u have an the Mechanic said it can't be fixed as the car has 176.000 milage and it cost more money to fix it then the value of the car.
i need a helpfull suggestion.

Old 05-30-2012, 03:15 AM
flyboydale54

I have a problem with both the #5 and #6 injectors. code says #5 and #6 injector open. I measured the ohms and injectors 1, 2, 3, & 4 measures 12 ohms. However, the #5 and #6 measure 6 ohms. The van is running very rich and has plugged the converter as well as setting 17 codes when the BAT light and the Check Engine light came on. Says another code that the 5 volt supply is low. Other codes point to low inputs while others say high.

Old 09-22-2019, 05:55 PM
Jeff Guarino

I don't understand how you put a new computer in, even if it had the identical numbers it would not work, The car will start and run a few seconds and then shut down. You must program your VIN number into the computer. I did this on mine at home on my computer with little circuit board built on a breadboard, then connected it to a usb port and copied the old data from my old computer and pasted it into the new memory chip. But you have to take the new computer apart and scrape off all the good and find the memory chip then attach, solder leads to it or get special clips. It is not easy but once you do it you can repeat it easily.

Old 09-23-2019, 07:46 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Guarino
I don't understand how you put a new computer in, even if it had the identical numbers it would not work, The car will start and run a few seconds and then shut down. You must program your VIN number into the computer. I did this on mine at home on my computer with little circuit board built on a breadboard, then connected it to a usb port and copied the old data from my old computer and pasted it into the new memory chip. But you have to take the new computer apart and scrape off all the good and find the memory chip then attach, solder leads to it or get special clips. It is not easy but once you do it you can repeat it easily.
This thread is 9 years old.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP ASAP!!! with my 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan (no spark to fuel injector 1 or 2)