Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

power rear vent window switch

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:45 AM
ebxgsxr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power rear vent window switch

hey all. just wanted to throw something out. search only brought up problems with windows not working. but i was wondering something, and wanted to run it by you guys to see if it's possible.

we went on vacation and had a 2010 T&C for the drive. 1st off i love how the middle doors have windows that roll down (but i know that's impossible to do on the earlier body style). but what i was wondering is about the rear vent window switch. on the T&C, both windows were controlled by one switch. what i was wondering if it was possible to do the same on the earlier style vans. i have a 2005 GCV, and was thinking if it were possible. i am thinking that i could just wire the harness together by tapping in the 2 windows together near the switch itself. think it would work?

Old 09-29-2010, 09:30 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

On some of the early vans,they did have power vent windows.But you have two switches,one for the left side and one for the right. If your van didn't come with power vent windows, it could cost a lot to have them. The 2008 models were the first year for power vent windows to open with one switch.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:06 AM
ebxgsxr
Professional

yes my van does have two switches for the power vent windows. but what i was thinking/wondering is if there is a way (or if it is possible) to wire both windows to the one switch. seems like it would work, but im not sure if that is too much current going through which would make the switch hot or blow a fuse.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:18 AM
sapporo
Banned

yes it is possible. just about anything is possible it all depends on your level of committment to complete the task

Quick Reply: power rear vent window switch