Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Surging caravan and blinking lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:20 PM
nvrplay2ty
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surging caravan and blinking lights

Im back and its because so far you guys have given me more help than the local mechanics on the last few issues...

I have an 2001 dodge caravan with the 3.3, and 145,000 miles. I just replaced plugs/wires/EGR valve/ and the alternator and repaired the fuel fill ntube due to other issues. Now when its cold everything is good, but once warmed up pulling out of a stop sign, or backing up the motor sounds like it runs out of gas and hesistates slightly but never dies, just need to step on it a little and it goes away. Also on the highway when cruising down a slight downgrade you can feel a slight stutter. But hit the gas and it goes away, it happens in ALL gears including reverse. I also notice that its not so bad when its cold outside (below 40 degrees for some reason)I did the transmission fluid and filter about 40,000 ago Also on the highway you can see the headlights flutter.. they dont go out... but you can see them go bright/dim... any suggestions? I hope you guys can keep your great reputation of helping me out going strong!
Thanks in advance!!!!

Old 10-25-2010, 08:50 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

If you have a scanner, look at all the sensors.Make sure the van is charging and the temp sensor is within range. Is the ck engine lite on? As far as the headlamps flutting, i will ck TSB's. and post later.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM
nvrplay2ty

I dont have a scanner but have access to one, am i looking anything specifically?the cahrging system is good 14.6 volts and the temp gauge reads normal operating temps... thanks

Old 10-26-2010, 11:18 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Were there any stored codes.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:20 AM
nvrplay2ty

MT... I found the surging problem, apparently with all the EGR valve trouble I had it gummed up the throttle body. I cleaned it up and it runs great. im going to repost the headlight thing as i have some more info, THANKS

Quick Reply: Surging caravan and blinking lights