Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

remote key does not unlock all doors.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:40 AM
2010CaravanFan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default remote key does not unlock all doors.

I noticed that when using the unlock button on the key fob, that it sometimes would only unlock 1, 2 or 3 of the doors instead of all 4 on my 2010 Dodge Caravan. Some times it would open the driver side front and side door but not the passenger side. Most of the time it would open all 4 but when it did not, it did not seem to matter how many times you tried to open. If you pressed lock, it would lock again but may or may not open the 4 on the next open press.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:07 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

If you are still covered under your factory warranty, I would take it in and have them ck for any codes in the door modules or any updates in those modules.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:48 PM
Jayver

On my 96 Caravan a single push would only unlock the driver's door. It requires successive pushes in quick order to unlock the others. If you are too slow between pushes, it never opens the others.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:10 PM
PJDuramax

My 2010 does the same thing in fact some times nothing happens. I even changed battery but still doesn't work each and every time. One time I had to use the key to open the door (yes manual labour) I will wait until the first service to take in and then geet them to look at.

Old 01-12-2011, 08:13 PM
2010CaravanFan
Default take the vehicle to the dealer

I will take the van into the dealer and have them check it. Thanks for the replies and it is good to know that it is not only happening to me. I will post a reply once I have a response from the dealer.

Quick Reply: remote key does not unlock all doors.