Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

After market heated seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 12:06 PM
PJDuramax
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry After market heated seats

I was thinking of adding heated panels to my 2010 Grand Caravan with cloth seats. I checked with on person here and they quoted me close to $400.00 per seat. That is crazy. They were saying that on the newer models they have to build a 30 amp circuit to run the heaters. They are carbon fibre type and for the seat and back with the controller install on each seat (hi,low,off). Any other idea's?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:57 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Save your money. I wouldn't want someone to butcher up my seats. I sure you can find a battery operated cushions.

Old 01-12-2011, 06:51 PM
9652dakota
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't know about the aftermarket ones. the factory ones come with the carbon fibre pads and we pull your covers off to gain access to the foam butt pad and the lumbar pad. these things stick (double sided tape) to the foam then the wires are routed along the frames down to the bottom. if you have power seats the module is there (that was the case in the one i did at work) you plug it in then we have to go into witech and turn em on then update vehicle config and add the buttons in the dash. about 3 to 4 hours to complete. most of em come with heated seats at my dealer so we don't add many. only ones without are for rental companys.

Quick Reply: After market heated seats