Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Help!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
adambuild
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!?

Hi guys,

First post! Just bought a '99 Grand Caravan SE and have slowly fixed all of the major issues: Rusted driver's strut tower, rear brake lines and an alignment. I love this car! One annoying problem: Whether opening the car with the keyfob or just opening a door, the overhead lights all come on except for the front overhead console courtesy lights. They work manually but not as part of the entry lighting. Anyone have a suggestion? I imagine it might be a bad relay or something simple.

Thank you in advance, Adam

Old 02-03-2011, 12:18 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
I believe that is normal, for the 1996 thru the 2000 vans.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:49 AM
adambuild
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figured it out!

Originally Posted by master tech
Welcome to DF
I believe that is normal, for the 1996 thru the 2000 vans.
Thanks for your response! I can't speak for other years, but the previous owner said that it used to come on as well but stopped working. I was playing with the dimmer switch this morning and saw it blink! After a little more playing with it, it now joins the other interior lighting when they come on and go off! I guess the contacts got dirty. Possibly a result of the driver's door ajar switch not working for several years, so when I put in a new one, it now had a reason to come on. Thanks regardless!