Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Super Console

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 07:14 PM
jsrank
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Console Upgrade from Base Console

I just bought bought a 2011 Mainstreet with the base console. The Super console seems pretty awesome upgrade so I bought one on ebay. With the Super came a metal bracket but the carpet under my base console is completely intact. I don't see how the bracket is attached to the floor unless I drill through the carpet.

Magnumfloyd or anyone else that has done this, how did you install the metal bracket? Or otherwise, how is the Super console installed?

Many thanks in advance. Looking forward to installing it.
Jay

Old 12-13-2011, 09:55 AM
kowell

I'm not sure about the super console but another member installed the deluxe console in his 2011 and he needed to cut out a piece of carpet to reach the brackets underneath.

His thread should be easy enough to find with the search engine. He had a few pictures.

Old 12-15-2011, 09:24 AM
jsrank

Thanks Kowell, that is helpful. I couldn't find anything on this forum but I did see something on the Chrysler forum.

I was hoping not to have to cut out the carpet and drill into the floor, but it appears I need to add some anchored bolts to secure the bracket.

Old 12-26-2011, 11:51 AM
eskimopiehead66@yahoo.ca
Question Just bought the super console

Regarding the install of the console can you walk me through it? How to remove original in dash cup holder tray and if there is a plug in already on the wiring harness in van to accept the plug for the cup holder light in super console.do you have to cut carpet on floor to secure metal bracket to floor etc. anything you can help me with is appreciated as I too just bought one off eBay.thanks

Old 12-27-2011, 09:19 AM
jsrank

It is a pretty easy installation. You have to take out the original cover and cup holder. The cover is held in by 4 clips that look like plastic screws. Those pop off if you pull carefully. Then it should slide out. The cup holder is held by 3 screws. Two are on the face and one is under the cup holder.

Then fit the super console in place to mark where the screws go. I used chalk and that worked OK. Getting the bracket in the right place is critical but also tricky. You need to cut the carpet out to install the bracket. Once you are sure where the bracket goes, mark where you need to drill. I used self-tap metal screws.

The wiring harness is long enough and has all of the connections you need for the power outlets and the light. It is kind of a pain to get them snapped in but it is obvious where they go. I hope you have small hands.

I found a document from the Town and Country forum that describes this same process but for a premium console upgrade. The idea is the same. See if you can download that.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:59 PM
skeelo

I think I bought my console from the same seller. Thanks for the post jsrank! Hopefully i can install mine this weekend. Wheres the light on the console?

Old 12-27-2011, 05:42 PM
jsrank

It is a small green light in the lower opening with the net. There is a green ring around the cupholder too. A nice little touch.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:05 PM
magnumfloyd

The console is two pieces you can pull the top section off to get easy access to the wires.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:24 AM
skeelo

Originally Posted by jsrank
It is a pretty easy installation. You have to take out the original cover and cup holder. The cover is held in by 4 clips that look like plastic screws. Those pop off if you pull carefully. Then it should slide out. The cup holder is held by 3 screws. Two are on the face and one is under the cup holder.

Then fit the super console in place to mark where the screws go. I used chalk and that worked OK. Getting the bracket in the right place is critical but also tricky. You need to cut the carpet out to install the bracket. Once you are sure where the bracket goes, mark where you need to drill. I used self-tap metal screws.

The wiring harness is long enough and has all of the connections you need for the power outlets and the light. It is kind of a pain to get them snapped in but it is obvious where they go. I hope you have small hands.

I found a document from the Town and Country forum that describes this same process but for a premium console upgrade. The idea is the same. See if you can download that.
Did you re-install those two screws with the super console? It looks like the only way to have access to install them is to separate the top part of the console which you'll have to install after everything else is installed.

Old 12-31-2011, 03:28 AM
skeelo

Originally Posted by magnumfloyd
The console is two pieces you can pull the top section off to get easy access to the wires.
How are the two attached? Any screws or do they just snap together?

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2011 Super Console