Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Super Console

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:07 AM
digieman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by billoward
same issue...how did you get the license removed ?

The top of the Super console pops of. Open the rear drawer, then grab the top and pull up, it will seem like its not coming up but it will. the pull back to release the front clips. carful of the wiring, no need to unplug the =wires. just lay the top over on the pass seat, Then reach down the front of the console to find the cards and coins that have slid down. the just pop the top back on.

Has any one figured out how to slid the drawer all the way out of the console? I know it will slid out far enough to give full access to the drawer.

Old 08-07-2014, 12:35 AM
bmans5

don't know why but I can't see the pictures on how you installed it. Says I don't have permission, anyone else having issues see them?
We got the van the other day, Really want a Super console so hunting locally before I hit Ebay.

Old 08-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the greatest benefits or strengths of a minivan compared to an SUV or touring wagon is the ability to freely move around the interior cabin from the first row of seats to the second and third without having to open doors to exit and re-enter the vehicle. I use my GC like a Winnebago upon occasion. The open walkway from front to rear is especially useful for trips and bad weather (hot, cold, rain, snow). This is also wonderful for young families with children needing constant attention.

Unless you're a gymnast the super console serves as a walkway barrier, taking such capabilities away. I learned the pros and cons of minivans over 30 years of ownership and just want to point that out to new minvan owners. Some folks may not wish to move around in their vehicle, I do. When I go camping or on long trips my premium console is removed beforehand. When it is installed, it seems to be used mostly as a garbage can or storage box for collecting oddball junk. I really don't need the space with the double glove boxes. I'd rather hang a garbage bag in the interior for trash so it gets removed when we arrive at our destination.

Last edited by Lscman; 08-10-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:39 PM
Organized Confusion

I was hoping that someone can answer a few questions for me.
I am planning to replace a premium removable console in our 2015 van with a Super Console. I have ordered a Super Console and bracket. Are the locations in the actual floor of the vehicle already there where the mounting hardware threads into or will I need to make new holes? Since my Super Console is coming from a handicap van conversion company will the wiring for my existing setup be plug and play with the super console? Is the wiring already inside of the console for the illuminated cup holders or will I need to get a connector and wire it in? Thanks

Old 01-06-2015, 10:20 PM
jph1207
Default how to put the screws in

my new super console will be here in 2 days for my 2015 caravan...once the bracket is installed how can you reach between base of seat and console to insert the screws that hold it to the bracket?...or do you remove the top and do it from inside the console?....seems like bolts will have to go from outside but there would be no room for wrench or hand to tighten?

Old 01-07-2015, 07:18 AM
Organized Confusion

I installed mine it was a piece of cake
i used a long thin ratchet and socket to get in there. I did have a ratcheting wrench that worked but it was difficult since it was short.

Attached Thumbnails 2011 Super Console-img_1843.jpg  
Old 04-26-2015, 10:22 AM
BioXiD
Default Super Console Color

Hi..

I just got my 2015 GC CVP

I seen a super console on ebay but i'm not sure about the color

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-DODGE-CARAVAN-CHRYSLER-TOWN-COUNTRY-SUPER-DELUXE-CENTER-CONSOLE-VAN-SHALE-/221739570768?hash=item33a0b55650&vxp=mtr

My van has the trim color H7X1

Would it be same color ??

Thanks for the replies

Old 05-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Rockstead
Default 2015 Super console install, need Bolt location Grand Caravan

Sorry to bump up an old thread but after hours of googling, this thread has the most talk about the install of the Super Console, yes I found the German video and pretty much anything out there but it is not helping the installer.

He said there are no bolt locations to line up the mount with, so he is worried about drilling it in and then it not being perfectly lined up.

Can anyone please provide solid advice that would help the installer understand how to do it properly.

he ended up removing the carpet right to the edge between the middle row and driver row, I'm hoping that doesn't ruin the look, someone make me feel better please

Desperate for help guys, bolt/ mounting bracket exact install location please, don't k ow how you can translate that to instructions.

Old 12-23-2019, 09:26 AM
imWACCo

Originally Posted by jsrank
I did see something on the Chrysler forum.
Originally Posted by Rockstead
I found the German video
I need to pull one, and install. I have the basic one now, and I have no idea where all or the connectors and/or screws are.
Can someone link to the forum and video?

Quick Reply: 2011 Super Console