Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Grand Caravan Trans issues begin!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:57 AM
pedro123
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called Chrysler Canada, they advised me to go to other dealer to have it check for 2nd opinion. And if this dealer doesn't find any issues, I'm stuck with it. The agent told me, that they'll only do something if the dealer called chrysler canada.
I can't wait for the post from " Scrooboo" then I can show this thread to them.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:47 PM
gentz
Professional
Default Update...

Well I have been logging my van for missfires for a few days, came to the conclusion that its mechanical. The missfire has evolved to a loud tapping during cold start up...Us techies know where this is leading...possible lifter issues....going to dealer in a few days.....also transmission is slipping intermittently during backing up is internal issue, possible sticking valve in valve body.....welp.....only 1500 miles now and a ton of issues...besides that great power on this van....wife loves it.....

Old 06-21-2011, 02:25 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

nm..........wrong thread

Last edited by TNtech; 06-21-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Wade S

I have the same issue! I just purchased my 2011 grand caravan crew with trailer tow option. When backing my trailer up the driveway the van shutters and bounces? Also does it when backing up on a flat surface. I have had it for only a week and with only 450 kms on it I'm seriously concerned. Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 08-03-2011, 05:27 PM
DodgeCaravan2010SXT
All Star

wade shutter but bouncing may be issue. does shutter go away when u add rpm?

Old 08-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Wade S

No unfortunately, it gets worse.

Old 08-06-2011, 08:52 AM
purplecraig
Default 2011 grand caravan crew

I have a brand-new grand caravan crew with 400 miles and misfiring like crazy, top speed of 15mph. 3.6 pentastar engine. My wife and I were really enjoying everything about this van until this happened. Now I am very concerned about our purchase.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Wade S

Ok here is the skinny on my tranny issues. I took it into dealer last Thursday before going on vacation. Tech took it for test drive with me in it! Sure enough backing up an incline set the van bouncing. He looked puzzled! When he spoke with tranny guy they believe the problem to be a poor valve inside the tranny! Also the misfiring on start up has to do with a computer problem and a firmware update should fix it. The van is going in for service this friday so I will let everyone know the outcome. Cheers

Old 09-12-2011, 11:28 PM
georgep
Default 2011 grand caravan

yes i have the same issue> just have 5000km. Van is 1 month old; when I use economy switch shifting between 1-2 is rough. almost like a hesitation, and a kick. And reverse it shakes/pulsates.
However, if Economy is not selected its smooth.
So I think its a software issue?
Maybe a shortage of fuel is sent when pressing Economy?

Old 09-29-2011, 04:26 PM
GTOY
Unhappy 2011 Tranny problems

Hi, I bought my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan in May and as soon as it hit 5000 miles, I noticed a bang between 1st and 2nd gear. It took 4 days to get an appointment at the local dealer. I told them I shouldn't be driving the car with this shifting problem, they didn't seem to be worried. I brought the van in and they had to wait 5 days for a part to come in for it. I got the van back to find out I had no reverse and the check engine light came on. Brought the van back the next morning and they told me they had done a complete rebuild on the transmission and that a pump had gone. Got the van back a week later and noticed the same banging from 1st to 2nd gear and a shutter when in reverse. Brought it back again, and just picked the van up today to find out it was low on transmission fluid. There is no dipstick, and the service manager said the only way to know the fluid is low is by going on the computer . The van still has the hesitation from 1st to 2nd but I have only driven it about 10 miles today. I am so dissapointed with this van. I have owed over 5 dodge vans and one Chevy. Would go back to the Chevy if they still made a mini van. This 6 speed transmission is terrible. Why did they change the 4 speed? Just to improve fuel economy? I hope this problem is solved, but if it goes back one more time for the same problem, I am going to exercise my legal rites with the state of Massachusetts lemon law.

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand Caravan Trans issues begin!!!