Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Grand caravan - false MIL ESC readings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 04:21 PM
mcgusto
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2011 Grand caravan - false MIL ESC readings?

Hi all,
just joined the forum and am loving the 2011 GC we picked up 3 weeks ago.
Last saturday, I was close to running out of gas when the 'low fuel' indicator appeared on the instrument panel. I drove for a few km's and suddenly the 'ESC' electronic stability control light came on along with the 'MIL' malfunction indicator light (normal road conditions, no rain, gravel). During this time I could barely accelerate (most likely due to the ESC being on). After filling the gas, the ESC indicator went away and I was able to accelerate properly. The MIL light was still showing when I got home (15km away). The next day, I drove for around 5km with the MIL light showing and it was until I increased the air conditioner fan, that the MIL light finally went away. Co-incidence maybe?
I went to the dealer today and he explained that most likely the low fuel level may have thrown off some sensors. The mechanic also read the codes and he explained that they were all false.

Tip from the dealer: Don't weigh down your keyfob with a dungeon's master set of keys, they've seen cases where the keyfobs have cracked at the tip.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:52 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Do you know what the codes were? This way i can research the codes.

Quick Reply: 2011 Grand caravan - false MIL ESC readings?