Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Noises from front end - urgent

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 PM
kklblue
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Noises from front end - urgent

So I have gotten the water pump replaced. And now am hearing a noise thats sounds like metal groaning. You know the sound when metal expands and it groans and creaks. This is coming from the front passenger. My daughter says she hears it below her feet.

It does not grown when I am sitting still. It does grown when I am parked and turn steering wheel left and right, does it when I am turning corners. It does not do it all the time. It did it for a about 45 minutes tonight, then stopped.

Oil good, power steering fluid good, coolant good. I have a bad left sway bar linkage but this sound is different from that.

Just started yesterday. On a side note, the guy that changed my water pump said he had to lift the motor a hair to remove it. Not sure if that is relevant.

I am at my whits end. It turns 100K and everything starts to fall apart at the same time.

Please can someone shed any light.

Thanks!

P.S. I just noticed something worth noting. When the car is cold I am not hearing the creaking but when all under the hood things are good and warm I hear the noise.

Last edited by kklblue; 06-13-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:41 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Did the problem start after someone replaced the water pump? If it did, I would the van back and have them find out the noise is coming from.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:17 PM
kklblue
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it did. But not until about a week later. Does that make a difference?

I will try and call the guy. He was a mobile mechanic so I am going to bet I am screwed.

Thanks,

Kris

Quick Reply: Noises from front end - urgent