Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

transmission fluid change

Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 PM
my00durango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmission fluid change

the fluid i removed was burned all most dark red on the edge of being brown today i drained the fluid my question is how do i replace the rest of the fluid i was told buy a few good transmission places that they do not recommend transmission flushes that it does worst then it does good do i just add the fluid and change it in 30k please i need advice.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:20 PM
wtribeflyer
Professional

Drop the pan, change the filter, replace the fluid in the pan. Wait a few weeks. Do it again!. This will slowly replace all fluid. Its better than a flush.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:45 PM
gentz
Professional

In my best opinion, drop the pan, change the filter and re-install...The only way to actually drain all the fluid or exchange it is with a Machine, dealer or private shop...as a diy'er just drop the pan change filter and use some good atf.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do yourself a favor. Buy a pump and pump the fluid out the dipstick the second and third time.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:48 AM
trophyslayer
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a new pan with a drain plug in it, so when I changed my fluid I installed the new pan, then I would drive for 100miles pull the plug and refill, I did that 3x so with the laws of diminishing returns(some of the drained fluid would be the new fluid I just put in) I ended up with around 85% new fluid in it,

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: transmission fluid change