Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Extended Warranties - Whats Available?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 09:29 PM
tapd117
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Extended Warranties - Whats Available?

My wife and I just purchased a 2003 Dodge Caravan Sport Entervan with 15,200 miles. We were extremely lucky and I carfaxed and checked the vehicle mileage through a dealer search and everything is as it should be.

Do any of you moderators know if this vehicle is elegible for a extended warranty purchase and are there any recomendations?

GG

Old 07-09-2011, 01:25 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

I would not know. Did you buy the van thru a dealer? What I would do is check with the local dealer and have them run a function 14 or VIP report and see if you are elegible for extended warranty.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:21 AM
V8MANual
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can buy extended warranty on any vehicle with less than 100k miles, but I advise against it. I guess I'm a skeptic, I believe all insurance is a scam that would not be sold if the odds weren't in the sellers favor that you would not need it. Price it and then just take the premium payment and put it in the bank to draw interest and you will have it if needed. That's what ins. companies do with it.
I've bought extended warranties on four new cars and never got my money back in repair bills. When you do try to use it they point out the fine print that most everything is "excluded". Tough luck.
Oh yeah, my brother is my ins. agent for home, auto, and life. Love him, hate his business.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranties - Whats Available?