Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 caravan sport no communication w/computer

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2011, 08:25 PM
vanless2011
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 caravan sport no communication w/computer

looking for any help, i have a 2001 caravan sport 3.3l, car died 5 weeks ago, stalled, had dash lights, but nothing when the key was turned. Let it sit 2 hours, car started but only ran by two footing brake and accelerator, would not idle. diagnosed at the dealer as pcm, decided to spend less for after market. Thought I was home free when it came back and ran only to have the same thing happen two days later. This time after market computers (tried two different companies) have only gotten the car to turn over twice, then nothing. My mechanic has checked all sensors and wiring for the proper voltage. I suspect the computers are not being programmed properly, has anyone run into anything similar, Thanks in advance for any direction.

Old 07-11-2011, 08:50 PM
gentz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to me there is something else wrong, is he programming the new PCM? If the computers are being fried then there is something causing this...I would make sure your mechanic knows how to check everything before throwing new PCM's in...

Quick Reply: 2001 caravan sport no communication w/computer