Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Dodge Sport Caravan - Humming Sound

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:52 PM
tapd117
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2003 Dodge Sport Caravan - Humming Sound

Well back to the forum and needing help from master tech or tizzy. Today after stopping to put gas in the van I noted there was a humming or light buzzing sound coming from the very rear of the van.

Could not locate it but determined it is outside near the gas tank on the driver side. I'm thinking the fuel pump is making the noise and need to know if this is normal.

Only had the van a few weeks and while I am very glad to have gotten a good deal, it has been tires, a window dropping on the driver side, wiper blades self destructed, new rotors, calipers, and brakes. I'll be the first to admit it glides down the road with a nice ride, but little issues seem to be croping up all the time on this van,

I will put on rack in a day or so, but does it sound like a fuel pump. The is an entervan and is handicap equipped to lower itself on the passenger side. Thanks to all as this is a really good place to learn all the quirks of these minivans.

GG

Last edited by tapd117; 07-19-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: typo of course
Old 07-20-2011, 11:54 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Get a rubber hose and hold it up to the fuel tank and put the other end to your ear, Can you tell if the noise is coming inside the tank? If it is, the fuel pump maybe starting to fail.

Old 07-21-2011, 04:51 AM
tapd117
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Humming Sound

Thanks Master Tech,

I think thats going to be it, will get it on a rack and let everyone know.

GG

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Sport Caravan - Humming Sound