Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan blower motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 08:11 PM
Jamcin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan blower motor replacement

I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan V6 with no air, no heat no nothing. About a year ago I replaced the resistor behind the glove box and things seemed to work fine for a while. Then all of a sudden out of the blue my front blower wasn't working. I was able to tap on it and get it to work when I needed it for about several months and get it going but now nothing is working (coming on). I have been told that I need to replace the blower motor and possibly the resistor again. Is this right? If so then I can replace the resistor but need some help in replacing the blower motor. What would be the easiest way for me to go about replacing the blower motor without having to take it to a garage and pay the mechanic $600 dollars to get it done? Thought I read somewhere that the dash doesn't have to be removed. Is that right also? Any help would be appreciated. Not afraid to do the work myself and the cash to get it fixed ain't happenning during these hard times. Any photos, diagrams, or step by steps direction would be especially helpful.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:00 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I had to replace the blower on our 2001, I went by what Alldata said to do which was to totally disconnect the dash and roll it to the rear, all to get at one lousy screw in the back(actually the front) of the blower housing. It was a total PITA especially when I read that the pros just cut the screw, remove the housing and replace the blower.
Do a search for blower replacement and you will get some more tips.

Old 07-24-2011, 06:10 PM
RickMN
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the book says to remove the dash. But you don't have to. Remove all the screws you can by pulling back the carpet. There will be one screw left you can't get to. But if you pop the hood and check around that area on the firewall, you'll find a screw that holds the heater box/fan assembly. Loosen that and you can pry the assembly out far enough to get the final screw out. This trick saves hours of time.

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan blower motor replacement