Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Another iPod Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 01:10 PM
xsdbs
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah, you probably can. Hey no problem getting off topic. it was a little funny anyway.

Originally Posted by vpnavy
I think I can take you xsdbs! No problem and again, sorry for getting so off topic. Hope your day gets better my friend.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:24 PM
rversed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the button to press the Uconnect Phone and whatnot, but it says "Uconnect phone not available." Also the factory model is RBZ, from what I've read, seems to be a refreshed version of the REN.

So which cable am I supposed to get? I'm so sorry this has dragged on for so long HAHA

Old 08-10-2011, 12:17 PM
xsdbs
Captain

hey rversed, I'm sorry. I have tried to help so many people that head is spinning between this and my regular job. I'm gonna back and punt (as well as even be lazy) and ask you to tell me which picture resembles the "not available" message that you get..

Originally Posted by rversed
I have the button to press the Uconnect Phone and whatnot, but it says "Uconnect phone not available." Also the factory model is RBZ, from what I've read, seems to be a refreshed version of the REN.

So which cable am I supposed to get? I'm so sorry this has dragged on for so long HAHA

Last edited by xsdbs; 08-22-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:41 PM
vpnavy
All Star

I have the button to press the Uconnect Phone and whatnot, but it says "Uconnect phone not available." Also the factory model is RBZ, from what I've read, seems to be a refreshed version of the REN. So which cable am I supposed to get? I'm so sorry this has dragged on for so long HAHA
According to my manual (2011) - your radio doesn't have "U-Connect."

MEDIA CENTER 430 (RBZ) - CD/DVD/AM/FM radio with 6.5-inch touch screen, 30GB digital hard drive, Voice Command, and audio input jack. Plug it in with any music-capable cell phone or MP3 player.

MEDIA CENTER 430N (RHB) - AM/FM/CD/DVD/Navigation radio features MP3/WMA support, 30GB digital hard drive, 6.5-inch touch screen, audio input jack, iPod® control, Voice Command, GPS navigation, SIRIUS® Travel Link,TM(3) and SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:23 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Well you know you might be correct Sir by what your owners manual says on that there page. However let's just think about the phrase "it says".
Does the screen show a messages "that says" or is there a verbal message "that says".
Also in my earlier post (#4 I believe), I asked about a rectangular plug in the glove box (where the iPod cable would plug into. In his reply #5 he says "Indeed there is". If there "is indeed" a connector that looks like the one in the picture below for the iPod cable to plug into then he should have a Uconnect system unless a boa got in the dash and just squeezed the guts out of the module.

Originally Posted by vpnavy
According to my manual (2011) - your radio doesn't have "U-Connect."

MEDIA CENTER 430 (RBZ) - CD/DVD/AM/FM radio with 6.5-inch touch screen, 30GB digital hard drive, Voice Command, and audio input jack. Plug it in with any music-capable cell phone or MP3 player.

MEDIA CENTER 430N (RHB) - AM/FM/CD/DVD/Navigation radio features MP3/WMA support, 30GB digital hard drive, 6.5-inch touch screen, audio input jack, iPod® control, Voice Command, GPS navigation, SIRIUS® Travel Link,TM(3) and SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

Last edited by xsdbs; 08-22-2011 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 04:17 PM
vpnavy
All Star

I was responding to rversed with my example. He (or she) actually stated that it displayed "Uconnect phone not available.". When I responded to you - I got confused (senior moment) so please ignore my response to you. Gosh, I'm sorry I confused you with my original response.

Originally Posted by xsdbs
Well you know you might be correct Sir by what your owners manual says on that there page. However let's just think about the phrase "it says".
Does the screen show a messages "that says" or is there a verbal message "that says".
Also in my earlier post (#4 I believe), I asked about a rectangular plug in the glove box (where the iPod cable would plug into. In his reply #5 he says "Indeed there is". If there "is indeed" a connector that looks like the one in the picture below for the iPod cable to plug into then he should have a Uconnect system unless a boa got in the dash and just squeezed the guts out of the module.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:58 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Hmm, I don't think your phrase below was used within the conversation of this thread. You didn't confuse me at all. I know what I am asking will lead to the correct answer and not just an assumption of what is in the owners manual. The first question regarding the iPod cable connector is a simple one to answer and the reply back was as I mentioned in reply #5 of this topic "indeed there is". So that should have just ended the question on whether or not the Uconnect system is installed. You showed the pictures of the cables and rversed asked about the difference between the 2 cables. I explained the difference. He or she was still uncertain of which to use and I went back to ask about the connector again. The next response was about it saying "Uconnect phone not available." So I then posted pictures of the 2 different ways that Uconnect will give this message. As I said "you Sir may be right" (and I also thought before the posting of the pictures that there may not be a Uconnect system installed). However in order to completely tell if there is or is not a Uconnect system is now to find out either is there a connector in the Glove Box, or even which picture is correctly "saying the Uconnect phone not available" message.

[quote=vpnavy;2569555] He (or she) actually stated that it displayed "Uconnect phone not available.".

Old 08-13-2011, 03:15 AM
rversed
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey rversed, I'm sorry. I have tried to help so many people that head is spinning between this and my regular job. I'm gonna back and punt (as well as even be lazy) and ask you to tell me which picture resembles the "not available" message that you get..
Definitely looks like the one on the right.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:34 AM
vpnavy
All Star

Hmm, I don't think your phrase below was used within the conversation of this thread...
Yea, I got two threads (talking about the same thing) messed up. Thank goodness I can contribute it to a Senior Moment!

Old 08-13-2011, 01:03 PM
xsdbs
Captain

Well now that It's been verified, as vpnavy has said, you don't have Uconnect installed. You will need to get the Mopar kit to install or have installed. But this goes back to where you said that you had the connector in the glove box.
Oh well something got lost in the translation I guess.

Definitely looks like the one on the right.

Quick Reply: Another iPod Problem