Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'99 Grand Sport drivers window help

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM
tobytigger
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '99 Grand Sport drivers window help

I've replaced the regulator in both driver and passenger windows about a year ago on my '99 Grand Sport. A few months ago I noticed a loud high pitch noise that I thought was coming from the door switch panel. When the button is pushed down the noise starts immediately. Release the button and try again and the window opens at normal speed. I'm pretty sure the noise occurs randomly on the second attempt and stops in about a second while the window is going down.

I went to the junkyard, got a new switch panel from a '99 Grand, installed and it worked like a charm. Few days later, I'm opening the driver’s window and the weird noise comes back - sounds like its coming from the switch. So obviously the same problem with two different switches suggests it something else. What is puzzling is that after listening to this for a few months, I'm convinced the noise is coming from the switch when I'm assuming it should be the regulator? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:52 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Try using dry lube or silicone spray on the window channels, and try rolling the window up and down.

Quick Reply: '99 Grand Sport drivers window help