Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

'97 Caravan intermittently Stalls out and won't restart for days

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 06:42 PM
22mopar22
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why does everone expect and demand instant repair gratification? I wonder if they are on WebMD asking how to go about removing an appendix just to avoid having an expert do what they do to make a living.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Mycaravansucks

Wow you are a total Douchebag. Do you really think If I was made of money that I would still have this piece of junk. Unfortunately I can't afford to replace it and since I am a mechanic of the aircraft variety, I figured that someone might have had a similar problem to and could give me some troubleshooting tips so that maybe I could at least narrow down the component failure BEFORE taking it to a mechanic to have said component replaced.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 PM
22mopar22
Banned

yup, that's how you win people over to want to help. I GAVE YOU A LIST OF POSSIBLE CAUSES

Old 08-25-2011, 07:41 PM
Mycaravansucks

Sorry but I don't think that help is supposed to be served with a side of asinine remarks. Obviously you are a mechanic who feels underpaid and underappreciated and your only outlet for that seems to be to come on to this board and harass people who are posting on this forum for help which is the while purpose of it so obviously someone like you has no right to get bent out of shape because people are asking questions and, god forbid, want answers.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:06 PM
22mopar22
Banned

Originally Posted by Mycaravansucks
Sorry but I don't think that help is supposed to be served with a side of asinine remarks. Obviously you are a mechanic who feels underpaid and underappreciated and your only outlet for that seems to be to come on to this board and harass people who are posting on this forum for help which is the while purpose of it so obviously someone like you has no right to get bent out of shape because people are asking questions and, god forbid, want answers.

you started the personality issues with you ID!!!!!!!!

Attacking me calling names just proved why you're not getting help.

it is better to keep you mouth shut and let people think you are an idiot instead of opening it and removing all doubt.

you were given many possible issues and all you want to do is play the "poor me " syndrome.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh come on folks. What is it exactly that gets your goat about that name? There are droves out there who think their Caravans suck just as there are droves who think their Siennas, Suburbans, Camrys and Mustangs suck. So what? Is expressing that a mortal sin?

Mycaravansucks - Read your PM.

Last edited by Cougar41; 08-25-2011 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:49 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Enough on all members involved or there will be some time out. And it will not take much. So end it now!

Old 09-02-2011, 09:31 PM
rabtrfld

If the fuel pump is failing, it may lose pressure suddenly even though it still hums and there is fuel at the sampling port. You need to check the pressure - 50PSI. If you don't have a compression tester, get one. You can modify it for fuel pressure. Just cut the hose so you can slip it on the sampling port. Use a hose clamp. When you're done, join it back together with a hose barb for use as a compression tester.

You can get the pressure back temporarily by banging under the fuel tank with your fist.

For testing, you can override the pump relay by opening the fusebox, remove the fuel pump relay and pry off the cover. Replace the naked relay and now you can turn it on at will by pressing the armature. Yoy can jam it on with a toothpick.

BTW, I would definitely climb the pole!!! This forum is for people who do it themselves!
(sorry moderator, couldn't resist)

Old 09-03-2011, 12:45 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

rabtrfld

Thats okay, Thats what this forum is all about. To help others to either solve some of the problem or share the information I and others have learn over the years.

Old 07-19-2012, 04:52 AM
uncmarc

check the wire harness under the engine. my 2003 was doing the exact same thing. turned out to be worn wire shorting out on the chassis.

Quick Reply: '97 Caravan intermittently Stalls out and won't restart for days