Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Grand Caravan with Igniton , ECM and ? Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 09:09 PM
Buckeyed1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Grand Caravan with Igniton , ECM and ? Problems

Hello everyone , I have a 2002 Grand Caravan Sport with 3.3l .
When I changed the plugs , I must have knocked the injector harness on the manifold and cooked it to a solid mass.

I replaced the injector harness to find a poor running engine (approx 3k rpm max) which provides codes and data supporting low voltage to my sensors.

I have replaced the PCM(fuse box)and ECM( a few times) from the bone yard. I do have another 2002 Caravan to test parts on.

When I put a known good ECM unit in the van it will start for 2-3 seconds and shut down may 10 times or so. Then it will appear to fry the ECM as the start relay kicks but the engine will not turn. I was told it is locking out on a security feature . I believe I have another short. Either way I would appreciate any insight.

I would also ask for any available wiring diagrams or testing for the ECM and the rest of the van as the diagrams I've found are rather useless.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:20 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Welcome to DF
Anytime you replace an engine controller, You need to program the vin and transfer the ignition key code too. You could still have some wiring problem?

Old 09-21-2011, 08:32 PM
Buckeyed1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Master Tech, I've read a great deal of replies you have posted for other people. Do I need to go to a dealer to program the vin and transfer the ignition key code? Do I have other options? thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: 2002 Grand Caravan with Igniton , ECM and ? Problems