Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

92 T&C carpet replacement/trim removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 06:11 PM
quattj
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 92 T&C carpet replacement/trim removal

I had the misfortune of leaving my back windows open a few weeks back in my 92 Town and Country. After pulling the carpet up and running a dehumidifier four different times and assorted rolling and propping of the carpet and padding, it's finally dried out, and not so smelly.

I am now attempting to put the carpet back in its original location. To get it out, I had to yank the edges from under the interior trim, and I can't force it back under, so I need to remove the trim to put it back properly.

Any pictorials or other tutorials around that would show/tell me exactly where all the screws and whatnot are that hold on the two large side pieces in the back of the van? My main concern is the panel over the rear passenger side tire and the panel that runs from just behind the driver's seat to the rear lift gate.

They look like the bottom half is separate from the parts that go around the windows. I can find a few random screw covers here and there, but not enough to get them off.

I do have the rear heat/ac unit as well, if that makes a difference for that panel.

Thanks.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:12 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

I don't have any information on the early minivan other then TSB. I would take you time on the panels and put back the same way.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:37 PM
quattj
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I got the passenger side done so far, so I will tell you how:

I had to remove the trim piece across the bottom of the rear lift gate first (4 screws).

I also has to partially remove the trim around the top track of the side sliding door (Several screws, and several sliding tab fasteners... pry the tabs out slowly, and they pop out of an expanding plastic mounting piece... similar to a drywall screw anchor).

The side panel was held on by screws along the back edge. There are also a couple of screws located behind the wood panel just below the window. This panel is itself held on with a couple of vertical pop in connectors and velcro-like discs. It has to be pulled outward and then upward to remove it. The remainder of the large panel (which is a single panel even though it looks like it has a separate top and bottom half) is held on with the shirt hook at the top, and the large bolts that hold the seatbelts on.

After removing all of the bolts and screws, it just a matter of sliding the panel forward and wiggling it around a bit to get the front edge unhooked from around the door frame.

Overall, not too difficult once you know how.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LEFT QUARTER TRIM PANEL REMOVAL

(1) Remove ash tray
(2) Remove screw holding quarter trim insert to quarter trim from inside ash tray opening
(3) Pull outward at bottom of trim insert to disengage clips holding insert to quarter trim
(4) Lift insert upward and separate quarter trim insert from vehicle.
(5) Remove screws holding lower quarter trim panel to inner quarter panel
(6) Separate lower quarter trim from vehicle

of course you'd have to remove the rear scuff plate but I assume you already have it off.

Quick Reply: 92 T&C carpet replacement/trim removal