Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2011 Dodge Grand Caravan In accident what to look for

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 06:04 PM
huntressxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan In accident what to look for

So the joy of my saturday a drunk lady pulled out from the stop sign without even looking.. not even sure if she stopped and ran straight into the back of the drivers side. She was in an older so lower dodge caravan so she ran straight into my back tire. I am extremely impressed with how well the van stood up. Kudos to Dodge for making a durable vehicle (maybe not the older ones cause her entire front end dissapeared), other than bits of her bumper stuck in my smashed wheel cover and a small dent on the quarter panel and sliding door there is nothing else wrong with the van tho I have no driven it yet and am waiting for an adjuster.. this is my problem,

She hit dead on my back tire.. what kind of problems could that of caused underneath, she was not going extremely fast from what I can tell, and the tire is still inflated which amazes me. Could she of damaged my frame? Suspension? Alignment? Anything?

Old 11-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by huntressxx
So the joy of my saturday a drunk lady pulled out from the stop sign without even looking.. not even sure if she stopped and ran straight into the back of the drivers side. She was in an older so lower dodge caravan so she ran straight into my back tire. I am extremely impressed with how well the van stood up. Kudos to Dodge for making a durable vehicle (maybe not the older ones cause her entire front end dissapeared), other than bits of her bumper stuck in my smashed wheel cover and a small dent on the quarter panel and sliding door there is nothing else wrong with the van tho I have no driven it yet and am waiting for an adjuster.. this is my problem,

She hit dead on my back tire.. what kind of problems could that of caused underneath, she was not going extremely fast from what I can tell, and the tire is still inflated which amazes me. Could she of damaged my frame? Suspension? Alignment? Anything?
Without being there all we can say is yes to all the above. The adjuster will make that determination.

Last edited by Cougar41; 11-21-2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Montreal300
Professional

just make sure the adjuster puts it up on a lift to do his inspection and insist that the frame and subframe location dimensions are checked against factory specifications. That will tell you if something got bent or pushed out of place.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:43 AM
1wraith
Amateur

Take a look at the suspension mounts. If those are damaged, you could be looking at a misalignment forever more or major toe and camber adjustments to try and correct it. I think the adjuster would know to look at that but it doesn't hurt to point it out.

Quick Reply: 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan In accident what to look for