Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2012, 11:17 PM
ironman597
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Stalling

Vehicle has 59,280 original miles. 3.3 Engine SE Sport Caravan. 8 days ago sitting at light suddenly car started running rough and stalled. Restarted and was fine for the entire day. Next day started drove 1 mile stopped at light and car stalled.

Bought new plug wires, plugs and installed. Seemed to run OK for 2 days then stalling started again. Looked on here, cleaned throttle body and IAC was fine for 1 day then started stalling at idle again.

Replaced IAC and noticed some improvement in idle was fine for 2 days then stalling again. Removed EGR cleaned and checked valve operates with vacuum reinstalled, no improvement car stalling again. No codes showing and check engine light not on. Scanned anyways nothing showing.

Removed battery cable and waited 5 minutes reinstalled cable. No difference.

I think it may be a sensor as if I keep slight pressure on gas pedal it runs smooth at anything above 600 RPM's, so my thought is fuel supply and spark are OK but a sensor may be getting wacked out. Fuel economy on highway has been 25.6 MPG.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:28 AM
lovvorn
Banned
Default Air leak ?

Hey , Take a can of WD 40 with small spray nozzle an with the engine running @ idle spray from the throdle body to the cylinder heads . Take your time on each hose exc. When the motor races up this will be your air leak causing the loss of rotation . My thoughts Lovvorn

Old 05-18-2012, 10:49 PM
ironman597
Default 2002 Dodge Stalling

OK checked found no vacuum leaks with WD40. Today car ran great drove several places accelerated hard stopped, never died out and RPM at 800 ran A/C car idle dropped to 700 ran great. Tonite pulled in driveway A/C off fan off temp cool windows open car idled down to 400 and then slowly idled up to 600 then back to 400 then slowly idled up to 800.

Very puzzled, wish it would just quit so I know what to fix. Still think it is a sensor but not sure which one it could be. Scanned again no codes no points.

Old 05-19-2012, 12:40 AM
lovvorn
Banned
Default O2 sensor ?

I'd pull the o2 sensor an have it checked ? An o2 will act like a vacuum leak as it controls or inrichens fuel . my thoughts Lovvorn

Quick Reply: 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport Stalling