Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1997 G. Caravan Instrument cluster

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 11:47 AM
loverboy4604
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dunno bout the clockspring or much else unless ive hadta fix it.. bought this 98 T&C for $500 and havent hit $400 in parts yet other than the wear out stuff.. so i have no idea if its been recalled for that or not .. will check..

thanks for the replys master tech and jsocki.. keep ideas comin makein some calls today.

Old 12-28-2011, 03:09 PM
scottlewis40
Default same problem?

I have a 98 gc and the dash intermitently flckers off and the radio turns off and the speakers sometimes pop. I was wondering if this sounds like the same thing or should I be looking for a short somewhere else?

Old 12-30-2011, 10:28 PM
centis1999

1. I have a 2006 Dodge grand Caravan. Owned for 1 year and a half. Paid a fortune. 80,000 kms
I started van today, it did start, but one minute later just shut down. nothing worked. i took out iod fuse put back in, and it started. Just started yesterday, while i was driving the dash lights started flickering lightly. Then all the dash lights went on and off, all while i was still driving. Radio would start and stop also. The spedometer and other gauges where going crazy, but i was still able to drive, but kept hearing a clicking. i turned van off, and it wouldnt start. Nothing did, no lights no noise, no nothing. I opened the hood, shook the battery and van started again. Again this morning all the dash lights flickered and everything went all crazy again. I only have 80,000 kms so i dont know what the problem is. Its never stalled on me yet. Had boyfriend clean battery posts, says the fuses are all clean. I've read some posts on body control modules or the IOD fuses? I dont understand if its easy to replace a new bcm by myself and how can i reprogram it? Im scared i might not make it home one day, being 8 months pregnant and just spent a fortune on this van. Sounds like this is a regular problem for minivans? Theres no other problems with wipers, or heater, or locks. i bought this van used. i dont have an alarm in it, but i do have the van key with the remote car door opener. When model or product # would i need? Please help. I have 3 other kids, and need this van.

i dont know what is going to happen if i drive anywhere.Now im reading that it may be the front control module, or the central timer module or the dash cluster. im getting confused. If i get this van scanned and nothing comes up, what the heck do i do, and where do i start? I think it may have something to do with the instrument cluster. Does it do all these symptons though? Please, Please, help me.

Last edited by centis1999; 12-30-2011 at 10:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2023, 03:35 PM
drcampbell

Originally Posted by NEONTHIS
wow i thought it was just my van
Whenever this happens I just hit the dash and everything comes back to normal but I'm gonna look at those points you all talk about
Percussive Maintenance is rarely a permanent solution, and sometimes makes things worse.

Last edited by drcampbell; 10-14-2023 at 05:49 PM.

Quick Reply: 1997 G. Caravan Instrument cluster