Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Power Window and Door

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Dodge2008
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Window and Door

My passengers side power window on my 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan goes down fine until it gets a 1/4 of an inche from the bottom and then stop and goes a tiny bit further very slowly then stops completely. Any idea if I can fix this myself?

Also, my drivers side power sliding door has a clunk noise when the body flexes. Sounds as if it is off the track or lose but opens and shuts fine....any ideas?

thanks,

Old 06-14-2012, 11:01 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Is the van still under warranty? If it is, I would have the dealer look at the problem.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Dodge2008
Rookie

master tech....teh dealership diagnosed the noise as coming from the rear shocks i believe. He said a TSB was out about the noise. I am not sure if that will be it or not though.

The window the tech said appears to be getting caught on something. At first he said it was a smart motor and needed to learn when it was all the way down. But his "reprogramming" didn't work. He said not to worry about it and that it is fine. I can't imagine it is ok for the window to stop going down approx a 1/4 inch from the door and then needing to be pushed down the rest of the way....thoughts?

thanks

Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 AM
silverfun
Default Power Windows

Mine will have that exact same behavior if I use the window rolldown feature from the remote. It works great if using the buttons inside the van (with the engine running) I noticed with the engine not running it will do this also using the switches inside.

Quick Reply: Power Window and Door