Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Grand Caravan - broken TPMS valve stems

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 01:36 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Town
My son's 2012 van has the TPMS sensors with a rubber stem on his stock alloy wheels. He purchased alloy wheels with winter tires and a rubber valve stem with TPMS sensor, all from the Dodge dealer. The rubber valve stem and TPMS sensor were $97 each (Canadian $).

Perhaps the newer rubber valve stems and TPMS sensor will fit earlier models.
No it does not!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Lscman
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The early gen 5 vans back to 2008 accept the aftermarket direct replacement rubber stem TPMS sensors manufactured by Schrader. They cost $25 each and look identical to the original equipment rubber stems on a 2014 van. This is because Schrader makes the new Dodge TPMS sensors, not Siemens.

As Steak59 pointed out, your dealer does not offer this item, and if they did, it would cost roughly 4x more than the aftermarket equivalent.

There are threads discussing this product and the part#.

Old 04-17-2015, 04:20 PM
flattired
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stem valve corrosion

My questions are:
1) Anyone seeing the corrosion on the aluminum stems that makes them so fragile?

The aluminum stems are corroded by the salt mixture used on snowy roads. It eats them inside out.

2) Anyone get satisfaction from a dealer to have them fixed under the warranty?

Not sure if warranty covers salt slurry erosion.

3) Anyone know how to disable the TPMS system so the light isn't in my face all the time? Since 2 tires do not have the sensors, it's not doing me any good.

Thanks all in advance for your help!

Quick Reply: 2010 Grand Caravan - broken TPMS valve stems