Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

08 Caravan low tire pressure alert

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 11:07 PM
Jetmeck
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 08 Caravan low tire pressure alert

I figured out last year that the LOW tire pressure yellow dash light can be for the spare tire as well. On an 08 it is not easy to get to the spare tire without raising the vehicle on a jack.

Well it got cold again and on came the light again.

I have maintained my own vehicles for 20 years and periodically check the spare tire air pressure which is probably more than most do. I do not need this pain in the butt monitor coming on every winter for the spare tire. I have never had a spare tire be anywhere near flat when I needed it.

Can I disable just the spare tire sending unit or whatever it is called only ?
Thanks................

Old 10-13-2012, 10:47 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Spare Tire doesn't have a TPMS on Caravan. Just check the rest of ur tires, make sure they are over 38 PSI. Placard recommendation is 36psi, you need to fill it up to 38+ PSI to get rid of the light.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:54 PM
Jetmeck
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by steak59
Spare Tire doesn't have a TPMS on Caravan. Just check the rest of ur tires, make sure they are over 38 PSI. Placard recommendation is 36psi, you need to fill it up to 38+ PSI to get rid of the light.

Spare tire DOES HAVE A SENSOR as this was the only tire I added air to because I had just checked the others when I changed the oil.

So yes the spare tire has a sensor as well.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:29 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 93 Likes on 79 Posts

Most of the space saver tires don't have a sensor. Did you add a full size tire?

Old 10-17-2012, 12:48 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetmeck
Spare tire DOES HAVE A SENSOR as this was the only tire I added air to because I had just checked the others when I changed the oil.

So yes the spare tire has a sensor as well.
Really? the Caravan has a Donut as a spare, and not a full size like Jeeps. From what I've remembered, I've never seen TPMS on Donuts.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:31 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to dredge up an old thread but I just wanted to confirm what everyone (except the OP) has said concerning the compact spare and TPMS sensor.

From the 2008 Caravan owners manual:
NOTE:
1. The compact spare tire (if equipped) does not have a TPMS sensor. Therefore the TPMS will not monitor the pressure in the compact spare tire.
George

Old 10-01-2013, 12:22 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jetmeck. If your manual took a hike you can download a free one on the Dodge website here: http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/

Quick Reply: 08 Caravan low tire pressure alert