Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

blower motor for ac/heat

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 07:29 PM
blaqyukon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry blower motor for ac/heat

i have a 2001 dodge grand caravan, and the blower motor stop working
and i saw a few you tube videos showing how to remove the motor, but
really they dont show how to remove it because their some screws in the back in the corner where the carpet sitting in the corner and i can not get to
to those screws, so i remove most of the screws and then i broke the vent
servo motor that flips the vent open and close, am not worried about that because i can crazy glue it back together or epoxy it.. the problem i have is
those you tube videos are full of ^%$# because am no dummy and its not
that easy, ive tried the whole summer burning up and the only other way i came up with is the dash board need to be removed and the hvac unit need
to be removed because it look like the whole case that hvac sit in need to be removed to get to the screws in the back.. i need some help because now its getting cold and the back blowers don't heat as well as the front vents do..
can some master dodge tech help me out am i right about the removing the blower and is their a diagram where i can find every screw?

Old 10-14-2012, 08:29 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it's time to take it to a shop and have them take care of it.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:32 PM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

blaqyukon,

Check out this link it has a great tip about loosening the entire heater assembly:
http://www.ricksfreeautorepairadvice...caravanvoyager

When I replaced the blower motor in my 2001 Caravan I loosened the 4 nuts located on the firewall behind the engine (see picture below). (If you have the droopy firewall insulation you may need to lift it up to see the nuts.) That allowed me to move the heater assembly away from the firewall enough to cut the carpet and pad to get at the screws. The strange thing is there is a place for another upward screw right next to the downward screw, so when re-assembling, I put a screw in that location and left out the downward screw.

George

Old 10-19-2012, 09:49 PM
blaqyukon

thanks georgef for the replying. the only question i have is, are the studs on the inside of the car or is it under the hood on the firewall?? opsss never mind georgeF i read it better, i have to go under the hood to the firewall and loosen the screws thanks
a whole bunch.. man i can get some heat, too bad i didn't join in the summer i would of had AC oh well lesson learned..

Last edited by blaqyukon; 10-19-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Cougar41
Record Breaker

Hmm. First time in quite a while I've heard of anyone loosening the dash to access the blower. No doubt it will work but you're doubling the effort required.

Last edited by Cougar41; 10-20-2012 at 03:29 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:51 AM
georgef
Veteran
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cougar41
Hmm. First time in quite a while I've heard of anyone loosening the dash to access the blower. No doubt it will work but you're doubling the effort required.
It's not loosening the dash, it is loosening the heater assembly so you can pull it away from the floor, making it easier to reach the screw. Takes about two minutes to loosen the four nuts.

George

Old 10-20-2012, 03:42 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by georgef
It's not loosening the dash, it is loosening the heater assembly so you can pull it away from the floor, making it easier to reach the screw. Takes about two minutes to loosen the four nuts.

George
Just the same, it's been ages since I've read of anyone having to do that.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:08 PM
blaqyukon

hahahhahahah thanks george for correcting him.. i have not done it yet but i see the bolts.. i got an ignition housing to replace.. dodge dont carry them any more but i found one on the web.

Quick Reply: blower motor for ac/heat