Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

MikeMan65

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 07:49 PM
MikeMan65
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MikeMan65

Just Installed 6 new fuel injectors (Code on #3 injector control - wiring seems OK). Not easy. Had to remove the air plenum, Throttle body, egr, and egr pipe to manifold. Disconnected the map sensor and removed the Vacuum lines that where not broken. Reinstalled everything. Replaced the broken Vacuum lines that I could see. But still don't know where the EGR Vacuum was connected. So I hooked it to the Manifold tree using a blocked off port (per the vacuum diagram). Had a hard time starting the engine, but it finally fired. Would idle, not No Throttle, ran real rough. Disconnected the Map sensor and got throttle, up to about 2000+ rpm, smooth running (a lot of smoke initially - no code on fuel injectors). Released the throttle and it died. Restarted, idled at about 1100 rpm (sounded good). Reconnected the MAP Sensor, idle dropped to about 800 rpm, and ran rough, but this time I had some throttle (not much). Do I have a bad MAP Sensor or a vacuum leak from where the EGR originally vacuum source (Where ever that was). It's not throwing any codes, can anybody help?

Old 11-25-2012, 09:28 PM
mfahey
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You didn't say what year but on our 2001 3.8L, the EGR connection is on the underside of the throttle body close to the EGR valve.
I assume you used a torque wrench on the intake manifold bolts and did it in the recommended crossing sequence.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:29 PM
MikeMan65

It's a 1999 3.3 flex. I didn't take the intake manifold off, just the air plenum (4 bolts).
The only (1) vacuum connection on my throttle body is on the top.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 AM
MikeMan65

Quick update-- I found a crimped fuel line. Reset the computer and fired it up. All is well!!! I guess its hard for the PCM and all the sensors to communicate when there is low fuel pressure. Still don't know where the original vacuum connection to the EGR came from---Oh well. I'm not messing with success