Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Grand Caravan 2005, Anyone installed a used Front Control Module (FCM) before?

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 PM
saulin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Caravan 2005, Anyone installed a used Front Control Module (FCM) before?

Hey guys.

I'm having some issues with my headlights. The Low beam burning out. It happened on 2 bulbs already on different sides. I also was having issues with the horn and turning lights but that fixed itself and has not ocurred again.

My mechanic says it's the FCM but he's not sure if it needs to be reprogrammed after replacing it. I read in some forums that it doesn't need to be reprogrammed but perhaps if you use a brand new one.

The dealer wants almost $300 for it. Online is almost the same price with fees and shipping. So I bought it used with the IPM. The parts numbers match.

AllData says that the FCM needs to be reprogrammed to the right frequency or something like that.

I called the dealer and parts could not tell me if it needs to be reprogrammed. The guy said I could not use a used one though. And service did not tell me if needs to be reprogrammed or not. The girl that answer said sorry all my techs are busy; I can't answer that question right now.

Quick Reply: Grand Caravan 2005, Anyone installed a used Front Control Module (FCM) before?