Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2012 Grand Caravan Recall - REPROGRAM POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Mnewman74
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't help it chuckle when I see this thread. Dodge's "expert" told a panel of arbitrators, under oath, that the rough shifting I was experiencing was all in my head and that this was the was the way the van was designed to shift.

I also find it funny to see them say "if you paid to have you vehicle repaired" when I took it into them multiple times and was told over and over that there was nothing wrong with it. Well actually, a few service techs told me they felt the rough shifting but there was nothing they could do to fix it.

Can't help feeling a bit smug today as it was "repaired". I had only brought it in to be inspected, I haven't received the recall notice yet but was told when I got the phone call today that my van was part of the recall.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:24 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know about you but I would thoroughly enjoy rubbing it in their faces face to face if I could.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:53 PM
fastgascar
Default M38

So this reflash only effects the vehicle when using the ECON mode? It doesn't firm up the shift @ WOT? or help with the gear hunting when climbing?

Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 PM
newtododge1

I took my 2012 in 2 weeks ago just to get state insp. done, didn't even know that reprogram was available but when I got it back they told me that the new flash had just come out and they updated mine, sure enough a big difference, shifts alot better now. Just got the recall in the mail today.

Old 02-22-2013, 12:02 AM
crxmanpat
Rookie

Got my 2011 GC Crew back from the dealer yesterday. They did the reprogram, as well as replaced the cylinder heads.

Has a chance to drive it around today in Econ mode. Seems to shift much nicer now, even when I'm heavy on the gas from a dead start. No more clunking.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:54 AM
popsnbeer
Captain

Just had our 2012 GC with 3.6 v6 flashed. The wife says no more "lurching" forward or shuddering when shifting at slow speeds in econ mode. I never drive it in econ mode because it's a PITA. Would rather have the throttle respond like it should and I'll baby it if necessary. Econ on a hill or mountain road is a death sentence but with it turned off, no problem!

Old 03-06-2013, 03:50 PM
Thechris

I just had it done today and i gotta say shifts much better.......almost!
When im in Econ mode and it goes from 1st to 2nd it has one hell of a time shifting. I can hear a defined clunk and it jerks. Yet when im in normal mode everything is fine and shifting is much more smooth. Gonna have to call them and say they need to fix the recall.

Old 05-13-2013, 04:16 PM
thegogetter222

Bump.

I'd be interested to hear any more updates from owners who've had this done. We're bringing our 2012 SXT in Wed for this flash update. Hope it takes care of the clunking while shifting from reverse. thanks!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM
fastgascar

It did not fix the clunking when shifting from reverse in my van.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:46 AM
thegogetter222

Originally Posted by fastgascar
It did not fix the clunking when shifting from reverse in my van.
are you using Econ mode or not? We never do because of the rough shifting issues... I'm hoping strongly that this flash will allow us to use Econ and fix this clunking. More for the issue that I just want my van to work properly and not that I'm a Econ junky.

thanks fastgascar

Quick Reply: 2012 Grand Caravan Recall - REPROGRAM POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE