Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Common issues to look for

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 01:38 AM
SilverSS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the list. She decided that she's going to keep driving my truck for a while and try to save up some more $ to get something newer. My poor truck will never be the same lol. I thought they had the transmissions straightened out in these. What would be one of the better years to look for?

Old 03-27-2013, 09:18 AM
td1
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverSS
Thanks for the list. She decided that she's going to keep driving my truck for a while and try to save up some more $ to get something newer. My poor truck will never be the same lol. I thought they had the transmissions straightened out in these. What would be one of the better years to look for?

ive put over a 1000K on my (current/in process) skiKation/roadtrip, Los Angeles2Wolf Creek. the 96 hippievan runs like a top. just fine turned my new headlights, and a AAA new battery in santa fe (the cold and altitude killed the old one) so far, so good. pulls strong up the mtn hills and brakes solid (new porterfield R4S pads) going down. fully loaded with yakima 18 skybox (biggest they make) up top, two adults, two teen girls, two dogs and packed with gear in the cabin. the ES, 3.8L and (newer) tranny from Gentry Transmission (in AZ) is over two years old/+12Kmiles on it....the whole package is tight, smooth and comfortable.

personally i think getting something newer might be more of a hassle, considering the evolving complexity of the electronics and such. my 96 with ECU controlling everything is about as complex as i want to go....YMMV.

Spring SkiKation 2013 - California2Colorado

Spring SkiKation 2013

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=a920415828

Spring SkiKation 2013 - Los Angeles2Wolf Creek

Last edited by td1; 03-27-2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: because we have the brains and the technology
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM
Sawdoc58
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with a 4th generation caravan, headlights are terrible on the 3rd gen.

Quick Reply: Common issues to look for