Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

A Long Trip MPG Report 2012 GC SXT

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 03:37 PM
mheebner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A Long Trip MPG Report 2012 GC SXT

2012 Dodge GC with 10k.
Just got back from a week long fishing trip to northern MN, apprx 1100 miles round trip. I did not have the ECON button on going to MN, and tried it coming home HOWEVER....
We had the van absolutely loaded heading to MN. There were three adults, all of of our gear/bags plus groceries and 12 cases beer. (there were a total of 7 of us fishing). I had the van extremely loaded down, had to be close to max weight. The way home there was no beer or groceries so the weight was lighter.
My trip out there I had the cruise set to 75 MPH and averaging 24.2 MPG. There are some steep inclines especially around the Superior/Duluth area.
The way home, still 75 MPH we averaged 27.5. This is with ECON button on and the weight down atleast 400 lbs. My brother in law calculated the MPG from the gas receipts, and GPS distance and found that the cars MPG was off by about 1 MPG both ways.

Still I kinda have a new respect for the Caravan after this trip. I had that car so loaded the back bumper might have only been 10 inches off the pavement, but still had MORE than enough power to pass on the interstate at 75 MPH, and returned some fantastic MPG.

Last edited by mheebner; 06-03-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Quick Reply: A Long Trip MPG Report 2012 GC SXT