Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

P1128, P0339, P0300/0306 codes on 2008 Grand Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 12:03 PM
kuyabribri
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No CEL since the last post but I did take a look under the hood and noticed what appears to be a leak from the upper IM. I've attached a picture. I'm not sure what could possibly leak from there; does coolant run into that area? I haven't been losing a noticeable amount of coolant. I've also noticed crusty white stuff that looks like an old coolant leak running from the IM area toward the transmission. I'm fairly certain it's not a head gasket leak as it seems to have started above the head.

This is starting to lead me to believe my MAP sensor was never bad; it's giving out of spec readings because of an IM leak. Any thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails P1128, P0339, P0300/0306 codes on 2008 Grand Caravan-van-im.jpg  
Old 07-22-2014, 09:13 PM
lektrishyn
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I found MY problem

Hello all,

I know this doesn't really talk to the issue of the original posting, but I thought I'd share my experience. I have a 2008 Grand Caravan with a 3.3L V6, and it's got 267000Km on it. It runs very well, but about 2 weeks ago, it started bucking, and stumbling. I read the code; it showed P1128 only, no 3000 codes or anything else. So poking around, I was looking for some changes in how the engine runs by messing with the wiring harness' (again, with the engine running), trying to replicate the fault condition. I got close to the ignition coil, and it bit me!!!. (That's not right). I took a ground tail to it, and found that Terminal 3 (Cylinder 3) was the only one that was doing this. So, I pulled the ignition cable, and found that the spark plug connector had separated from the assembly (The wire had burned away approx 1/4" from the crimped connector inside the boot, and the only reason that the engine was running, was because the ignition charge was jumping the gap, then the plug). I installed new ignition cables, and have not had a problem since. I hope this helps somebody, and be careful, that coil can put out upwards of 40KV. It's enough to kill you. Cheers!

The following users liked this post:
Bigcurt (05-11-2022)
Old 07-24-2014, 12:17 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Good Job! I'm glad you are okay. I know they bit, I've been there too.

Quick Reply: P1128, P0339, P0300/0306 codes on 2008 Grand Caravan