Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2010 Dodge Grand Caravan, Brake System Warning Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2013, 08:34 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

Do you know if you are still covered under basic warranty? 3years or 36k. When did the problem start? I believe TNtech was asking, with the scanner does the wheel sensor show any readings when driving? If it doesn't, then you may have a bad/damage sensor.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:43 PM
leodajim
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely no longer under warranty, vehicle has about 90k. I had difficulty finding the procedure to change this sensor, but what I did read makes it seem pretty easy. Can anyone attest to that?
Thanks for all the help and info.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:00 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You have to take the wheel, caliper and brake rotor off the car. Then the shield is held on by 3 10MM head screws. No biggie, although a wheel speed sensor shouldn't be buried like that. It's kind of stupid.

If the wheel bearing has any play in it, you'll need to do the hub as the pickup wheel for the sensor is inside of it. A loose bearing will make it read intermittent. If you get the sensor from a dealer, the catalog says to replace the brake line with it....it's not necessary. If you buy a wheel hub from a dealer, the catalog will tell you to replace both sides...you DO need to do that. I think they changed the pickup wheels.

Last edited by TNtech; 12-29-2013 at 11:05 PM.

Quick Reply: 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan, Brake System Warning Lights