Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2003 Grand Caravan Sport (3.8L) No crank, No communication. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 02:02 PM
SportCaravan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, CV2003.

I brought the PCM back to him and everything is working fine *phew* and he does have the greyish type key with the chip. He'll let me know tomorrow if he will help me out and I'll post an update. With the SKIM and the PCM, from what I understand, it would just be a matter of programming for the key. I was thinking of removing the key cylinder, as well. This might save me the tow to get the other keys programmed. I should make a note of the VIN number on the van, as well, to facilitate any programming.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:49 AM
SportCaravan
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy I was dealing with wound up taking the caravan for scrap. He called me to tell me someone was waiting there for a Caravan to come through and offered him cash right there for the PCM! He could have sold it and messed me up. Instead he gave me a call, we renegotiated a bit and I rushed over there to pick them up. Put the parts in and was able to pick my son up from school with it.

I replaced, not just the SKIM and PCM but the key cylinder just pops right off when you put the key in and turn it a notch. There is a button release on the cylinder that can be pressed only with key turned. No tows, no programming just started her right up.

Thanks to everyone that helped with this.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:03 AM
cv2003
Veteran
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Glad to hear that worked out so well for you, and thanks to you for posting the outcome. So many people don't follow up on problems they've posted, and no one ever finds out what ultimately happened.
Your reply is likely to help others having similar problems

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2003 Grand Caravan Sport (3.8L) No crank, No communication. HELP!