Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[General]: Grand Caravan Sport 2002 Jumping, low Power

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 05:41 PM
Carolz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand Caravan Sport 2002 Jumping, low Power

My wonderful, reliable 2002 Grand Caravan Sport is 13 years old with over 200K, started jumping/vibrating after I started it up yesterday. It was low on gas at the time and I thought maybe I needed to fill the tank. So I drove it to the gas station and it continued to act strange, jumping/vibrating, and then began getting sluggish, with low power on hills. Sitting at a red light sounded almost as if it was going to konk out or break down. I was able to drive it back home and checked to see if maybe it was low on transmission fluid, etc., but all fluids are fine. I did see where a wire had broken off which my neighbor said was some sort of ground wire? Does anyone know what could be wrong? My car has had a knocking noise for quite some time which my Mechanic said could be fixed for about $2,000, but I don't want to put that kind of money into it. He did say that it will eventually just stop running, so I don't know if that time has come or what.

Quick Reply: [General]: Grand Caravan Sport 2002 Jumping, low Power