Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Newbie Here> Grand Caravan 2008 SE> Malfunction Indicator Lamp & ETC

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 03:09 AM
Sasz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi guys!

fan was ok. these past few days I observed my temp gauge behaving badly. when the coolant reached temperature of 70c+ my temp gauge drop and it slowly rise again. so I have decided to change the coolant sensor.

This is what I do when I replaced the sensor:

First I took out the ignition coil because the sensor is located on the back of it. then I took off the radiator cap to release the pressure (that's what it says from the video tutorial that I saw on youtube). when I removed the old sensor, some coolant gush out from the hole, so I quickly put the new one to avoid more coolant loss.

so now, my temp gauge is normal now and no error popping out. but the thing is there are random smoke coming out under the hood, I was thinking that it may come from the coolant that gush out. but its not too much smoke. I have checked the location of the sensor and I think no leaking or anything.

question is, did I do the sensor replacement correctly? I'm worried that I should refill the radiator but I don't know which brand should I buy. my coolant color is orange. should I be worried of the smoke?