Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: New 18" SRT8 Replica Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017 | 12:57 PM
ReDeepRT
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by J Wikoff
This '14 Touring L rides much more controlled than out old 07 did, and these 18s do firm it up a little more. I haven't noticed them being lowered, but the RT/GT/S does ride firmer with stiffer shocks.

The van's HD brakes are pretty good, in my opinion. Good bite, confident feel.
Taking a second look at those pics, the SRT8 wheels look like they are perfect fit for the TC/GC.

Old 12-26-2017 | 07:12 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ReDeepRT
You might want to look into the RT and GT. Not only do they look nicer, but they have a lower suspension. I don't know if that is the extent of what Dodge has done with it. I was told that a lot of the suspension tweeks that VW put into the Routan was later incorporated by Dodge after 2011. If they weren't it might provide a few parts for Caravan owners to use in their vehicles. I don't know suspension components beyond the nomenclature.

What I will say is that I routinely drive twisty smooth roads like the famous Kelly Drive in Philadelphia and my vehicle is more controlled than my previous ride (A Pilot with the best reviewed performance tires I could find) but not by much. I wouldn't be surprised if it is that torsion beam rear suspension and the non-performance tires. I believe the RT has the same LRR tires meant for fuel economy that the others have. My vehicle gets pretty bad gas mileage already.
I have driven both, sadly I was left disappointed. Guessing there's just no getting around their obnoxious weight.