Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Two examples of custom Dual Exhaust on 5th Gen

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2017, 10:26 PM
ReDeepRT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two examples of custom Dual Exhaust on 5th Gen

I like how he gives a quick description of the work done.

These are both Chrysler T&C but still relevant.

I wonder if anyone else here has done that?

Old 12-28-2017, 07:40 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not on a 5th gen, but I had duals on my 95. It was single 2.5" pipe from the manifold to the back. After the axle there was a Y-pipe which split it to dual 2.25" pipes, finished with oblong tips out the rear.
I was running a Walker SoundFX muffler, it had a very awesome sound with a deep tone, but was not annoying to drive:

Old 01-01-2018, 09:18 PM
ReDeepRT
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smokesxt
Not on a 5th gen, but I had duals on my 95. It was single 2.5" pipe from the manifold to the back. After the axle there was a Y-pipe which split it to dual 2.25" pipes, finished with oblong tips out the rear.
I was running a Walker SoundFX muffler, it had a very awesome sound with a deep tone, but was not annoying to drive:
I really really dig your vehicle. The dual exhaust completes the rear. I'm not dead set against single exhaust or no visible exhaust but I think it looks very nice on some vehicles. Seeing that the exhaust manifold is part of the block on my engine, the only hope is something similar to your mentioned setup. I wonder how much it would cost to have one fabricated? I took mine to a place in my neighborhood and they sad flat out they wouldn't do it on a minivan....

I wonder if there is any performance gain to be had at all, without the possibility of headers.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:24 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ReDeepRT
I really really dig your vehicle. The dual exhaust completes the rear. I'm not dead set against single exhaust or no visible exhaust but I think it looks very nice on some vehicles. Seeing that the exhaust manifold is part of the block on my engine, the only hope is something similar to your mentioned setup. I wonder how much it would cost to have one fabricated? I took mine to a place in my neighborhood and they sad flat out they wouldn't do it on a minivan....

I wonder if there is any performance gain to be had at all, without the possibility of headers.
I had my setup custom made at a local shop. It was full exhaust from the manifold back. It cost me $250 to have it done, I brought in my own muffler and tips.
If your neighborhood shop wouldn't do it, go somewhere else.
The stock exhaust on vans is extremely restrictive, at least the older ones were, so upgrading the exhaust netted me better top end performance and better mileage. Not sure how much could be gained on the new vans.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:21 AM
ReDeepRT

I had my setup custom made at a local shop. It was full exhaust from the manifold back. It cost me $250 to have it done, I brought in my own muffler and tips.
If your neighborhood shop wouldn't do it, go somewhere else.
The stock exhaust on vans is extremely restrictive, at least the older ones were, so upgrading the exhaust netted me better top end performance and better mileage. Not sure how much could be gained on the new vans.

I would wonder if I would gain anything at all. I've been told over the years exhaust is worthless if it's not headers. Headers are impossible on my engine because the exhaust manifold is part of the block.

Old 02-26-2018, 06:58 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

I would wonder if I would gain anything at all. I've been told over the years exhaust is worthless if it's not headers. Headers are impossible on my engine because the exhaust manifold is part of the block.
Your working with a minivan, not a performance vehicle, therein lies the difference. Most non-performance vehicles have very restrictive exhaust and intake systems and can benefit greatly from simple intake and exhaust mods.
I would be willing to bet the Challenger manages an extra 22hp over the same engine in you van from having better flowing exhaust system.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:22 AM
ReDeepRT

I bought a black DTM-style muffler online and will be having it welded on. As for a dual exhaust, maybe later.

Old 07-14-2018, 03:26 AM
ReDeepRT

Amazon Amazon

The tailpipe on my vehicle looks so bad, I think the aesthetic change is an improvement in of itself.

Old 07-16-2018, 06:59 AM
smokesxt
Record Breaker

https://www.amazon.com/Style-Black-T...ents=p_4%3AHK5

The tailpipe on my vehicle looks so bad, I think the aesthetic change is an improvement in of itself.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Old 10-02-2018, 11:49 PM
ReDeepRT

Pics or it didn't happen.

It didn't happen!

I took it to two shops and they wouldn't do it because of the canted position of my stock muffler. The stock muffler is canted diagonally behind the bumper, not parallel like most mufflers. I guess I could try a third place but at this point it's not my priority.

Still interested in other Pentastar van exhausts though.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Two examples of custom Dual Exhaust on 5th Gen