Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: TIPM head scratcher

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2018, 04:18 PM
teets.18
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you try your test light on any other known grounds to compare the bulb's illumination strength? Also, not sure that every wire will provide 12 volts. Some sensors run on lower volts. I suppose the first thing to do is, like you said, provide a pin-out. Autozone provides pin-outs for vehicles 2009, or older for free on their website.

Old 11-22-2018, 07:43 AM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts

I’ve been letting this problem idle around my brain for the past few days, trying to think of the next best step, and here’s what I’m thinking-

If it was something I’m looking at, I’d remove the wire loom and start inspecting the wiring directly. For this type of damage to occur means there’s excessive current flow and indicates that a short to voltage is the most likely cause.

Now you could sit there with a meter or test light and check wires until you’re blue in the face because there’s so many different combinations of wires that need to be checked, but that will take a lot of time and can get extremely frustrating, so it’s not really a practical solution. And even if you do find the fault, you’re probably gonna have to remove the loom for repairs anyway.

Take the loom off and trace the wiring from plug to ground. You’re looking for wires that have melted together or have exposed areas that are making contact.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: TIPM head scratcher