Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Click and no start

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 01:34 PM
IDon'tGiveARam
Professional
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Are you saying you have starters burning up? Like they work consistently and then never work again?

If so you might have a weak ground to your engine and the current is being resisted. The starter (I believe) is positive straight from the battery, then grounds to the block, the block to the body of the van, and the body to the negative side of the battery.
Put a good 10gauge or lower jumper cable from the nearest metal to the starter back over to the battery and see if it doesn't fire up easier.

Old 12-10-2019, 01:40 PM
IDon'tGiveARam
Professional
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

https://www.google.com/search?q=what...PB0PEPsdGEyAc4

I hate to expose anyone to Scotty Kilmer but this is a test you can do to see if you have weak ground while cranking. In other words test Voltage positive battery terminal to negative side of volt meter to the head or block of the engine. Take the reading. Then have someone crank the engine and see how far the voltage drop is.

Old 12-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Jimcricket
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Starters are not burning up. It fired today. Smh I'm gonna pull the fuse box today clean the **** out of it and put some dialect grease on it.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Click and no start