Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 20072007 Grand caravan sliding power door problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 01:38 PM
hjski75
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20072007 Grand caravan sliding power door problem

HelloI am having a problem with my passenger’s side sliding door. It will not open and close consistently.

Most of the time you will hear the motor trying to work but the door will not move. This is true from the key fob and also the buttons inside the van. It is more likely to work opening the door than closing. The lock works fine and it does open/close on occasion so I do not think it is a motor issue. I am thinking maybe there is a bad connection somewhere that just catches sometimes. Does anyone have any thoughts on what I can check or tests I can run?

Thanks

hjski

Old 01-22-2020, 01:49 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

If the motor is running, then it is possibly a gear issue at the motor. I know that there were some issues with the flex harness at the bottom of the door area on our 07. Had one replaced under warranty.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 20072007 Grand caravan sliding power door problem