Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Location of + of braking wire

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2020, 12:23 AM
Eugene12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Location of + of braking wire

Hello,

I'm mounting my backup safety system. It needs to connect to a + wire from brake wire. In left taillight I found two connections:
1. The lower is for reverse light + is green and I used it for a backup camera.
2. The higher is a bit confusing because there go daylights LED at the left side, the turning signal and the braking.
I tried to find a diagram but find nothing.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:18 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

with led lights you can't use the wires at the lamp assembly because the same wires are used for braking and signaling. if you have a trailer tow wiring you could use that wire.

or go directly off the brake pedal.

Old 01-07-2020, 12:37 PM
Eugene12

Originally Posted by primem
with led lights you can't use the wires at the lamp assembly because the same wires are used for braking and signaling. if you have a trailer tow wiring you could use that wire.

or go directly off the brake pedal.
Hello,

Thanks for a quick reply. Ok, got it. Unfortunately, I don't have a trailer wiring so I think brake pedal would be the only option.

As I see here (diagram for trailer harness) there should be some sort of red wire from brake pedal? Or is it green too? Honestly, I don't really want to go so deep there... The other option is to take it from a gate brake lamp but as I'm planning to locate the head unit near the radio it will take a long wire.

Last edited by Eugene12; 01-07-2020 at 12:46 PM.
Old 01-07-2020, 05:40 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

that red wire is from an aftermarket brake controller...you need to connect where the red wire from the brake controller splices into...do not use a wire tap. What voltage is your device looking for 12v?

Old 01-21-2020, 10:01 PM
Eugene12

Originally Posted by primem
that red wire is from an aftermarket brake controller...you need to connect where the red wire from the brake controller splices into...do not use a wire tap. What voltage is your device looking for 12v?
Hello, thank you. It appeared that the aftermarket unit was faulty. No more need to do this.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Location of + of braking wire