Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: No Start Weird??

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 10:45 PM
Randall Debow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No Start Weird??

Ok so I got a 03 3.3 Voyager and it ran choppy a couple times than cleared up ran fine a couple days than real problems arose I was idle in the driveway and noticed a huge blackspot on the driveway carbon soot i assume. than i went to move it and had no throttle response. pressing the gas did not try to stall it. i idled it 20 feet and it stalled. I said ok time for a fuel pump so i got a new pump filter and installed it and still no start. I fixed the injector wires going across the top of motor via solder and heatshrink with new sections of wire they were melted together but none of the conductors seemed to be touching when i separated them. I have bypassed the pump relay tried different relays... im at the point now at night when its its cool out it will try to start but won't and during the day when its hot it just cranks and tries to do nothing any thoughts before I cut the cat out and buy a fuel pressure gague and a redbox to check codes

Old 03-11-2020, 01:33 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

There was a problem back a few years ago. Remove the injector wire harness on the rear cylinder head. That harness controls the throttle, coolant sensor and the injectors. What happens is the harness get so hot the rear cylinder head that it starts melt the wire isolator inside the tape. Use a razor blade and open up the harness.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: No Start Weird??