Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: 2005 Grand Caravan Radio Stopped Working

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 11:36 AM
MinnDodgeTom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Grand Caravan Radio Stopped Working

Hi,

First off, I know this has been done to death, but I am not finding anything in forums, so far, that answers my issue.

Two days ago, out of nowhere and with no previous sign that anything was going to go wrong, my factory 2005 Grand Caravan CD Player/radio/tape deck just stopped working. No clock. No nothing.
Of course, I assumed it was a blown fuse. So, I checked the forums and everyone said to pull out the yellow (20amp) IOD and check it. Maybe it will be bad, maybe the connections will be dirty or maybe it just needs to be re-seated. I cleaned the posts, slid it in and out repeatedly and even replaced it with the spare that was in the fuse box. Nothing changed it. I took this opportunity, whether it was the radio or not, to replace the factory unit with a new stereo...something I have wanted for a while.

I installed a new Kenwood stereo with the proper adapter kit. All wires snug. And the new radio does the same thing the old one did -- the CD motor whirs gently for a second (which means there must be some kind of power), but no clock or any other sign of life. I know I hooked up the harness properly (it wasn't that tough -- red to red, etc). There was no visible damage to anything in that compartment or to the harnesses and like I said the problem came on suddenly, as if a fuse, but it doesn't seem to be that IOD, unless they blow and you can't tell by looking at them. My experience has been that when these types of fuses blow, you can usually see that U-shaped piece of metal broken.

Ideas?

Thanks, in advance, everyone!

Old 04-26-2020, 02:16 AM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Did you check to see if you have voltage and ground at the connector?

Last edited by master tech; 04-30-2020 at 01:22 AM.

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: 2005 Grand Caravan Radio Stopped Working