Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: CD Eater

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 01:11 PM
Amanaland
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry CD Eater

I have a 2014 Grand Caravan with the basic single CD stereo/radio (Uconnect 130) Last weekend I loaded a CD and it didn't play and wouldn't eject. The unit would occasionally show "no CD". We pulled the radio/CD, removed the CD player portion and stopped disassembly, understanding that it was complicated beyond our skill level and it still has my CD. Today I bought an exact same player from a junkyard, obtained the security code from the dealer, installed in my dash, hooked it up and fed it a CD and have the same result. It says that there is no disk and it won't play or eject. Do I have another faulty deck or is this a problem somewhere else in the van?

Old 09-26-2020, 06:09 AM
Mopar340
Veteran
Received 49 Likes on 46 Posts

With the ignition off try holding the power button and the eject button down simultaneously for 10 second to see if goes into force eject mode if that fails then try it with the ignition on. Usually all CD player has a force eject mode should something goes wrong.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: CD Eater