Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Is Brake Upgrade Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2020 | 10:11 PM
GumbyRT
Captain

The transmission cooler on these vans is integrated with the AC condenser. If you look at the area just to the left of the battery, you’ll see the transmission cooler hoses - they hook up to the top left corner of the AC condenser.

Adding an additional cooler isn’t difficult - many parts houses have kits that come with the cooler, a couple options for mounting brackets, and a few feet of hose for +/- $50. The only thing I’d advise is not using the cheapo hose clamps that come with the kits - every time I’ve installed one, those clamps barely snug up and then strip.

To prevent leaks as long as possible, I recommend using barbed or flared fittings to join the hoses with either crimp type clamps or hose clamps that spread the clamping force more evenly (search images of fuel injection hose clamps to get an idea of what I mean).

Old 10-14-2020 | 10:39 AM
Mopar340
Veteran

This spring my van needed new brakes prior to our regulated annual vehicle inspection I choose to go with Raybestos EHT 3 pads and Element 3 coated rotors as where we live they use a lot of road salt in the winter. The EHT 3 are a hybrid pad made of ceramic and semi metallic which is suppose to improve stopping power by 25% and reduce brake wear by 35% these pad are a GG friction coded pad which has very little or rarely any brake fade @ 600 F. The highest friction coded pad available are HH wihich are design for racing. My experience with these new pads are excellent stopping power which has improved greatly you can feel it on right away on the peddle by the amount of pressure you apply, they're very quiet no noise and mostly hardly any brake dust. I don't tow any trailer but I hauled a few hefty loads and the braking was still excellent clearly an improvement to any another pads I previously had on the van.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Is Brake Upgrade Possible?