Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Need broken part identified

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 10:05 PM
Mike62918
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please me me identify this part

I have a 2014 Doge Caravan. SE model I’m pretty sure. Around 113,000 miles. I went to Walmart yesterday and from the time I started the car till I pulled into my driveway it seemed like a perfectly normal grocery store run but as I pulled up to the carport I noticed some kind of broken part that I assume could have only come from the van as no other vehicle had been there while I was gone. I can’t figure out what it is or where it goes and I was hoping I could get some help identifying the part and advice on what I need to do to fix it. Thanks I’m advance. Even a guess on where to look on the van would help. My buddy said it looks like it might be from the transmission and Auto parts store employees were clueless. Don’t want anything getting worse from this. I’m on a very tight budget and can’t afford for the van to be down due to work and 3 children

Last edited by Mike62918; 01-18-2022 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Need to add something
Old 01-20-2022, 11:31 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

That doesn't look like anything from the inside of the transmission. How is the vehicle running and driving?

Old 01-21-2022, 08:36 AM
Mike62918

Originally Posted by master tech
That doesn't look like anything from the inside of the transmission. How is the vehicle running and driving?
it’s running and driving fine. We had new tires put in the same day I found it. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Just recently changed the actuater motor for the blend door too. The ac control panel rear defrost button blinks almost every time we start the van and it takes almost a minute for it to start blowing air whether it’s cold or hot air. Again, not sure if that has anything to do with it either

Old 01-21-2022, 02:55 PM
Alexander Polozov

IMHO this detail is similar to the sliding part of the opening mechanism with a worm gear, for example the rear door.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Need broken part identified